- Pathfinder

Reply To: What is one tangible way that you plan to exhibit Hebraic leadership in your own neighborhood after taking this course?

Carrie Coffman
Participant

As a current college student on a secular campus, I have the opportunity to reach those who do not know Christ in a defining season of their lives. Utilizing the idea of Hebraic leadership to accomplish this goal is a critical piece to drawing others nearer to Jesus. One of my favorite points discussed in this course was the idea of the Hebraic leader being someone who thinks historically, knowing both what has happened and what is ultimately to come. This level of zoomed-out thinking reminds us to put our day to day lives into the Gospel story. In addition, for a Hebraic leader to be most effective, they must be seeking “the honor of God and the benefit of their neighbor.” My neighbors are not merely my Christ-centered friendships or those in my ministry. Each student on my campus and person in my community is someone I can love as a neighbor. Tangibly, I can live each day actively remembering my role as a Christ follower and representative – living to draw others closer to Him, not push them away.