- Pathfinder

Reply To: In your opinion, why is it important for Christians to stand up for religious freedom for people of all faiths, and not just our own?

Esther Felipe
Participant

I do not believe it would have been possible for Christianity to exist if Christians did not fight for their religious freedom. Early Christians were not able to exercise their religious freedom, but they chose to fight for it because they believed in it.
Hence, I find that if one chooses to believe in something they will fight for their right to exercise religious freedom.
Therefore, I do not find it a Christians place to determine what faiths should or should not be allowed or what people should choose to believe in and practice.
As Christians like to have their religious freedom and be respected, so should they allow others to find their way and respect their religious journey.
Nothing good has ever come out through force; and deeming what people should do, believe in, and practice has never accomplished anything. If Christians focus on giving a better testimony instead of trying to proselytize everyone, perhaps people will see their testimony.