- Pathfinder

Reply To: What is one tangible way that you plan to exhibit Hebraic leadership in your own neighborhood after taking this course?

Tina Joji
Participant

Living in the great state of New York, I think there are a plethora of ways I can exhibit Hebraic leadership skills in my community and surroundings. I am part of a South Asian Evangelical church community where a lot of our faith is also outlined by the nuances of our heritage and culture. We align wholly on Biblical truths, but often there is additional pressure placed on the up and coming youths to simultaneously appease the strict Indian culture. With this pressure, the ultimate goal of a practicing Believer can often be confused. Youths in the church may practice dressing modestly to appease the strict “culture” rather than choosing to find the importance of modesty derived by Biblical outlines. When I took these courses, I re-realized the importance of keeping your sights on the bigger picture. Culture and family do play important roles in ones’ faith, but centering the goal of leading your loved ones to Christ’s Kingdom should take precedence. Being heavily involved in my parish, I acknowledge that youths look up to me as a leader in many ways. It is pertinent that I accept that calling and correctly lead as we were taught through these audios. One tangible way I plan on exhibiting Hebraic Leadership in my neighborhood is revisiting the realm of digital reliance in our current world. I will aim to teach the power of disconnecting, even if it is for 1 day per week, so that we can learn to rely on Christ-like sources that do not necessarily involve utilizing a digital screen. I am excited to further learn what the Philos Project recommends in terms of attempting to digitally disconnect, and I look forward to implementing some positive changes within the church youth groups that I currently lead now.